Gaming is an expensive hobby and the most expensive thing about it is not the gadget or console, it’s the actual game itself. A good game that plays on most major platforms retails at approximately $60 dollars each. These are the kind of games that keep players glued on the couch for hours, mowing down evil warlocks with a flick of a joystick. If you are looking to buy a game for someone, it’s best to know what kind of gamer they are. Mobile games are cheaper but they won’t be appreciated by someone who loves the experience of playing epic cinematic games that will challenge them through various levels for days, weeks or months before the last level is conquered.
When buying a game as a gift, make sure you know what their preferred gaming gadget is. If you have a child, or friend who is an Xbox fanatic then the best video games to buy would be:
• Gears of War 3, the latest and final installment of the sci-fi saga that has seen world wide appeal. You might want to check if they have played the first two and if they loved it enough to want to play the game to its ultimate end.
• If your friend or child loves motorsport then the best video games he or she could get as a present would have to have lots of cars, intricate tracks, awesome graphics and the kind of functionality that will make them feel like the best formula one Race car driver ever. Forza 4 is one of the best video game to get. It has all that a motorsports video game enthusiast can ask for and more.
• Dance inspired video games have been around for a while and have evolved right into the Wii world. Dance Central 2 is one of those Wii games with kinetic functionality that have revolutionized the gaming world. It has the latest dance moves and the kind of music that you could literary start a party with.
For a Playstation Gamer the best video games that one can give as a present are:
• The upcoming Uncharted: drake’s deception which follows in the first and second installments titled Drake’s Deception and Drake’s Fortune. It will offer multiplayer functionality which is important for a gaming fan. I bet it will be one of those games that is so well made it is fun enough to watch someone else playing without needing to control the game.
• Infamous 2 is one of those games that make you wish your life could be as easy as the game. You have cities to explore and create your own word and your own missions.
These are only a few of the best video games you can get as presents for your die-hard gamer who will cherish them for a very long time.